Perform is the ideal choice if you want expert help recovering from an injury, want to boost your athletic performance, increase your power, get precision strength and performance coaching, or learn to move with maximum skill, grace, and efficiency.
Who is Perform for and what do we expect from you?
Perform is perfect for situations where fat loss and aesthetic considerations are secondary goals to injury rehabilitation, maximising strength, athletic performance, or natural, skills based movement potential.
Across a range of sports and disciplines; footballer, skier or boarder, rugby player, triathlete, cyclist, runner, strength athlete or track and field competitor, optimising your body for the precise demands placed upon it will help you to realise and maximise your true potential.
Whether you’re an elite level athlete or sportsperson, amateur, or committed weekend warrior, developing your strength, fitness, functionality and power to eliminate your weak spots can explode your performance and take your game to the next level.
Optimised Perform is for:
- Those who are currently held back from enjoying life or realising their performance potential by aches, pains or injury
- Beginners, enthusiasts, committed amateurs, and elite athletes
- Anyone who wants to move with strength, speed, skill, and grace - become skilled in natural movement, calisthenics, skills based training, and functional training
- Those who want optimise lifestyle factors, nutrition and supplementation input in order to maximise performance
- Amateur athletes: Tough Mudders, runners, and weekend warriors who want to improve their times or get fitter for sports such as football, tennis, snow sports, or rugby
- Competitive athletes: for example triathletes, powerlifters, footballers, runners, track and field - who want specific coaching to improve their performance, get better times, and take their performance to the next level
- Those who want access to advanced clinical testing that can identify factors that are gridlocking your performance and/or recovery.
- Commit to personal training sessions with us between 1 and 4 times per week
- Hard work both inside and outside of the gym, commitment to change, and organisation. We're here to advise and support you, but only you can do it - you get out what you put in
- For you to be ready to take action in making changes - coming with the right attitude and mindset is key
What should you expect?
Expert, precision coaching and a no-stone-left-unturned approach. Our passionate, dedicated Perform personal training team comprises of team GB age group athletes, natural movement specialists, world champion powerlifters, and international level strength coaches with degrees in strength and conditioning.
“He who chases two rabbits catches neither.” If increasing your personal performance through expert coaching is your primary goal, all others – such as fat loss or aesthetics - must necessarily come second. When you split your focus between two objectives, competitive inhibition usually occurs and you end up achieving neither.
Having said that, unless your goal necessarily involves carrying a specific amount of body fat, you should expect to become optimally lean and functionally muscular through Perform training and nutrition protocols.
Perform is a training programme that is naturally tailored to your personal goals. However, it’s always underpinned by extensive postural and movement analysis and optimisation – this is the basis of achieving any performance related goal.
Examples of Perform training goals and those we work with include:
Mobility, flexibility and injury rehab
- Mobility, flexibility and injury rehab are necessarily the foundation upon which optimised performance is built.
If you’re recovering from an injury, or if aches, pains, musculo-skeletal restriction and poor posture are holding you back from engaging in exercise or holding you back from progressing, this aspect of your Perform programme will be paramount.
Often working together with physiotherapists, soft tissue therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, and our yoga and Pilates team, we’ve achieved success in returning a range of athletes to success, even from very serious injury.
Strength and performance
- Sports / athletic performance: for example football, cycling, running, swimming, rugby, tennis, snow sports such as skiing or snowboarding, triathlon, powerlifting, 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon, strongman, track & field, Tough Mudder
Skills based training, natural movement, and functional training
- Examples include: plyometrics, functional fitness, calisthenics, natural movement (Animal Flow, MovNat, Ido Portal style training) focus on movement efficiency, skill, speed and grace
Lab testing (optional)
- Bloodwork / lab testing: these can be specific nutrient and electrolyte imbalances, hormonal imbalances, biomarkers for bone and muscular health, metabolic health, energy production and fatigue, stress and immune function, and toxic elements
What’s different about Optimised Perform?
Our skills in the sports performance and natural movement arena go far beyond ‘standard’ personal training.
Under our bespoke, no-stone-left-unturned performance programs, our expert team and exceptional range of resources are at your disposal in taking your performance to the next level:
- State-of-the-art 3500 sq. ft. facility where you’ll have access to an array of specialist equipment and everything needed to be successful in achieving your goals
- Analysis of weak links, dysfunctional firing patterns, overactive and underactive muscles, biomechanics, and other imbalances which may impede performance
- Expert and precise nutrition, supplementation and lifestyle optimisation protocols for optimal recovery and performance
- Outdoor based practical sessions e.g. open water swimming, running, cycling as required
- Access to advanced biochemical testing to enhance performance through optimised hormone, nutrient and toxic element markers (plus many others)
- Integration with Optimised Sports Therapy, Nutritional Therapy, private Functional Medicine GP, life coaching and psychotherapy and yoga and Pilates services, for a fully professional service, especially if you’re currently injured or returning from injury
Or to put it another way; when you’re stronger, more powerful, have corrected postural issues, optimised nutrition, supplementation, essential lifestyle factors, biochemistry and psychology for your specific goals, you’re going to explode your performance and leave the competition in your wake.
Does it work?
“I’m a cyclist and have been working towards a goal of competing in a 7 day 850km race across the Alps. When I went to visit Optimised Personal Wellness I was suffering from huge slumps in energy in the day and struggling to have the energy to train regularly and keep my weight low which is very important for a cyclist. The nutrition plan that Optimised gave me allowed me to loose body fat whilst increasing strength & fitness. At the same time I was able to maintain my weight without feeling hungry or getting energy slumps. In the race it’s self I performed much better than anticipated, something I couldn’t have achieved without the help of Optimised Personal Wellness.”
If you want to enhance your injury rehabilitation, boost your athletic performance, get precision strength and performance coaching, or learn to move with maximum skill, grace, and efficiency, Perform is for you. Book your free 30 minute consultation to take the next step now:
To your optimised future success,